- The award and penalty on power saving is based on compliance of use mode, the electric equipment in the internal regulations, provisions and norms on assigned power consumption.
Saving, in general, and energy saving, in particular, is the issue of national policy; it must be done during the long-term consumption, not only to perform in duration of power shortage. In order for the implementation of power saving in offices, workplaces with efficiency and long-term stability, we need to carry out the above 2 solutions: technical solutions and administrative solutions.
1. Technical solutions:
We know that electricity used in organizations, public offices are not for family activities but for jobs, tasks of staff in the organization. Therefore, the technical solutions to save energy must ensure both efficient power saving and effective working environment for employees in the organizations, public offices. Implementation is conducted according the following steps:
a. When conducting power saving, the first step is to examine the current situation of using electricity in the entire organization:
- The arrangement of electrical equipment: lights, fans, computers, air conditioners. etc. (reasonable and wasteful according to standards of the organization).
- The utilization of natural light and natural air cooling.
- The use of electrical equipment (lights, fans, air conditioners, photocopiers, printers, computers, etc.) of the organization.
- Situation in the entire organization: define overload line segments, too old, leaking line segments, connections, contact of circuit breaker, bad circuit breaker causing heat, power loss to replace or repair.
b. Assess situation of electricity use through test and proposal of technical solutions to save power.
- Expand or open windows and glaze including ceiling (if possible) to utilize maximum natural light.
- Replace all incandescent bulbs (if any) by compact lights or fluorescent tubes to save electricity.
- Replace 40W, 20W old generation fluorescent tube by 36W, 18W new generation fluorescent tube and replace ferromagnetic ballasts with electronic ballasts to save power (when replacing a ferromagnetic ballast with electronic ballast of 40W tube, every hour we save 4Wh and 12,9Wh for power grid because of not transmitting inactive power).
- Installation of gutters, lampshade at lights (without them) to increase light reflection and adjustment of light installation height to be suitable to have high reflection. Installation of a switch for a light.
- Implementation of dual-mode light in the department: light for other activities and light for work. Use enough neon tube light hung on the wall for other activities and desk lamp compact for every desk of staff (only turned on when working). This arrangement of lighting will save a lot of power.
For example: How many tubes need to arrange for an office of 10m2 with 4 desks for 4 staff according to the standard?
Applying method of unit power Po (W/m2) to find the number of tubes needs to be equipped.
Pt = P / S (w / m)
P1, total power capacity of all light tube - Watt.
S: The area of the room (m2)
According to calculating sheet available in technical handbook, Po for the office is Po = 15
So: Pt: Po. S = 15 X 10 = 150W
- If arrangement is based on one lighting mode (both activities and work) with 36W fluorescent tubes, number of tubes need to be arranged: (1)
N = Pt / Pd = 150/36 = 4.13
~ 4 tubes (4 x 36W = 144W)
- If arrangement is based on two lighting modes, only use: (2)
* A 36W fluorescent tube for other activities = 36W
* 4 compact desk lamp for work lighting with 15W per lamp: (15 x 4 = 60W) = 60W.
Comparing arrangement (2) with (1), we saves 96W
144-96 = 48W.
Note: each hour saving of 48Wh with concurrent coefficient k of 4 compact lights as 1 (k = 1), while k is sometimes less than 1 actually...
- Rooms with air conditioners need:
- Strengthening the tightness of the windows
- Installation of door closers at doors.
- Rearranging air conditioners (if required) to utilize maximum cool air from outside.
- Air conditioners are only set at 25 - 27oC. In case of a room with many air conditioners, one by one, each air conditioner is turned on at 25 - 27oC; after a half of an hour if temperature in the room reaches 25 - 27oC, redundant air conditioners will be removed.
- Reduce 50% of luminosity in corridors, toilets and replace by 9W compact fluorescent tubes.
- Power grid in organization.
- Replace overloaded line segment (if any) by line with a larger cross section
- Replace too old and leaking line segment by new line with the same cross section.
- Repair of joints, contacting places in circuit breaker, fuse, and plug which are overheated.
- Hang sub meters for each department before carrying out saving measures to monitor level of consumption in each department before and after carrying out power-saving measures and assign target of monthly power consumption for each department.
2. Solutions of administration and management:
The administrative solution is to build a regulation on power use in organizations, public offices to force employees to have awareness, duties and responsibilities to save, ensure that the power savings in discipline, and long-term stability.
The contents of the regulation include:
a. Regulation of mode and duration of using equipment in organization:
- When there is no employee in a department, electric equipment in the department will be shut down.
- The lamp on the desk is only turned on when working (document reading, computer typing etc.)
- Lights in corridor, protection lights can only:
* In summer: turn on at 7 pm and turn on at 5 pm
* In winter: turn on at 6pm and turn off at 6am.
- Air conditioners are only used in the summer and set to temperature of 25oC-27oC and must be shut down when there is no employee in the department or out of working time and assign HLQT department to manage this set temperature (25 - 27oC).
- Computers are only used for work, shut down after finishing work; they are not used for other individual uses (playing chess, monitor stocks, etc. ...)
- Photocopiers, printers are only used for work, not for individual uses. After finishing, they must be shut down.
- Survolteurs which are used for equipment, devices with stable voltage such as computer (if any) must be shut down from power grid which is sufficient and stable.
- Do not cook in organization.
- Do not use fridge in organization.
- Assign monthly, winter and summer power criteria to each department and the entire organization on the basis of saving 10% power consumption compared to before, and on the basis of the implementation of technical solutions to save power.
- Managers of departments are responsible for managing monthly criteria of power consumption according to sub-meter hung in their departments and must be responsible for this consumption.
- Manager of Administration Department is responsible for managing monthly power consumption target at the general meter of the organization and is responsible for this target.
b. Inspection and monitoring mode:
- Administration Department is responsible for daily checking and monitoring use of equipment under the period described in the regulation of the organization and notify on the blackboard of the organization about:
* Weekly violation of use mode and period for electrical equipment of department.
* Monthly violation of power consumption target of department.
- Unpredictably or periodically (3 months or 6 months) hold collective inspector team (including HLQT department + Labor Union + Party Committee) to assess whole organization to comment, criticize and summarize award and penalty of emulation for power saving. The inspection result must be made in writing, report and inform leaders throughout EVN.
c. Regime of award and penalty and encouraging emulation:
- Frequently pose examples of good people and good deeds of saving power.
- The effective power-saving initiatives in the organization must be timely rewarded and immediately applied.
(Source : LE DINH DUONG (www.hvacr.vn))